Main Menu
On-line in Portal
» Guests: 1
» Members: 0
Users on Chat now
Short Messages

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:52
Add mor emaps, admin to server like Alien invasion, mesa map is too overplayed, max 20, 30 min, then no mesa map for 2,3 rounds

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:51
Mesa map is TOO OVERPLAYED, stop playing MESA MAP

DarkAngel
13-10-2021 22:19
Hi everyone, how are you people? I hope that we will play Crysis again soon Smile

Freebo
08-02-2020 15:52
Hi and welcome back Albert. Yeah, Some people are still here from time to time. In this very moment not many. But will be at lest few soon.

Albert
08-02-2020 00:26
Greetings! Anyone still here?

momosk
09-03-2018 02:29
My Tutorial CZ/SK How to connect server (: https://www.youtub
e.com/watch?v=eu1L
aCwSW24

Freebo
07-03-2018 22:43
Of course. This the point of our network. Anybody can create own server even with custom maps + anybody will be able to join it. Check http://CryMP.Net - HELP Page.

momosk
07-03-2018 21:04
is it a possibility to create your own server?

momosk
07-03-2018 21:03
nice tnx

Freebo
07-03-2018 19:15
Hi. Yes. It was on-line for years - and will be back soon - but you shouldn't work so good for all. You can try now Shore on Air Battle - no crazy commands!

momosk
07-03-2018 18:44
Hello I wanted to ask you or you could not create a normal server Map, MESA BEACH because these servers where these awkward commands can not be played is not true crysis.

Tupixpl
02-03-2018 21:27
Crysis1 the best

Frankie
08-01-2018 22:34
Hello.

Frisk14
08-01-2018 16:37
hello

SNIPER
08-12-2017 14:09
yap , it was fine on win7 64 bit , i see this issue only on win8.1 ,and thanks for taking care of crysis you and your teammates

Check more messages
View Subject
 Print subject
Realistic / BF3 Mode
Freebo
Finally I managed to finish my Realistic Battlefield 3 like mode based on map/server side mod. With great visuals and many fuctions.

This time - unlike in Predator/Hunter - no more sci-fi - but a kind of realistic experience (with a bit of imagination which is always needed).

Something for fans of both: Crysis 1 and BF3 + visuals better than in we have in BF4 (my opinion).

Thing I wanted to have in Crysis 1 for a long time. Without any extra mod files which people have to download to play . Just one of servers on servers list to join. Works the same way as Predator/Hunter mode.

Of course It's not perfect though but It's ony server/map side mod - so at least no installation on client side is required and anybody can experience it just after entering server. Maps autodownloader will do all the work.

Unless you want to see also different players looks as extra thing - the way I do (on client side - still finishing few things).

So here is basic info:

- Engineer (Scar,FY71, vehicles) vs Recon (sniper, c4, rockets) town battle.
- No nanosuit powers at all (save your health and energy).
- More realistic BF3-like parkour (no WJ anymore).
- Higher damage.
- No hit marks or players names over their heads.
- Team kill (you can easily kill your teammates here - so better watch out).
- "No hud option" available - just hit "9 for panoramic - limited hud" or "0 for no hud at all.
- Low health visual and sound effects (after being hit - need to rest for 10 seconds or die).
- Ropeway ride over the town (after unlocking it).
- Teleporter to unlock (faster way to get to the town after each respawn - 10 sec.).
- No objectives marks on screen - just flags on roofs (realistic flags to capture)

Remember that It's only beta - and many things left to finish - but fun enough to try already.
Unfortunatelly you need quite good PC to play with over 30 FPS - it's the price for more realistic experience as always.

I know there are not many players around right now and even less who have medium-high PC in Crysis community - but this mode/map was designed for 2-4 players even. No more need for 16 on PS (would be crazy here). So can be fun sometimes in the future.

============= ...

Freebo
Thanks a lot guys for being there yesterday (20th of june) and testing map and whole mode.

I know it was hard for some of you with 20-30 FPS but - I'm glad half of players had 50-60 or even 80.

There were around 20 players there yesterday during 3 hours. Max 8 people on server at the same time.
I wasn't expecting so many people - so it was kind of crazy to talk with many, explain how things work, make a video, test things and not die so often at the same time Smile

Players:
Frankie, Comrade, Aleksandr, Captain_Tsubasa, RaDaGaST, DeathCore, HoneY, Geico, Nikita, mOnAmI, Freebo and others.

Here are few random photos from the evening.

More will come + 40 minutes long video also - from this crazy event to archive. I have to cut it out from 3 hours first Wink

Here is how it looks from my perspective - with my client side solders suits prepared for MP of this mode:

http://crymp.net/...83747#p726

==========================

megalolpronoob
Great!

Freebo
Ok. Here it is finally. 7 days after - 45 minutes video from last week's Testing Event of Realism / BF3 mode - out of 3 hours of recording.

I'm pretty sure nobody's gonna watch even half of it, but the point was to capture whole atmosphere that day, map features, all players, moments and some of dialogs. 45 minutes is still better than 3 hours - isn't it ? Wink

Anyway. Sorry for bad Youtube compression and strange colors but at least it's 60 FPS. (Youtube's still processing this)

Big thanks again for over 20 people who were there last saturday.

It will help improve this mode soon.

Starring:
Frankie, Comrade, Aleksandr, Captain_Tsubasa, RaDaGaST, DeathCore, HoneY, Geico, Nikita, mOnAmI, BlackcaT, Freebo and many others.

Here's more info about whole mode again:
http://crymp.net/...1435424705

Enjoy it on weekends Smile ...

Freebo
Anyway.... I just wanted to add today that - I've been trying to work on graphics tweaks a little bit, because few low-PC using guys had only around 20-30 FPS on this map (which wasn't a surprise for me - it is the price of realism in map designing as we all know).

After few hours of testing what makes sense and what does not - I managed to produce useful switch script on the map to choose between Lowest and Highest settings here (just press "6" for LOW or "7" for HIGH).

Of course both settings look "almost" the same (not like Crysis Low or Medium) but the difference between first and second is around 25 FPS Smile Which is a lot for some computers. Good news is (not for all) that I've left shadows on, even on lowest Wink Removing shadows gives only 5-7 FPS more so wasn't worth it at all.
Instead of that: very-low-shadows version will work just fine.

Results after tests on 2 PCs (1280/720, 2xAA),
at the most FPS killing places on this map:

1. Main PC
- Highest settings: ~ 65 FPS,
- Lowest settings: ~ 95 FPS
2. Second (150 $) PC
- Highest settings: ~ 30 FPS,
- Lowest settings: ~ 50 FPS

As you can see the difference is pretty nice (35%) considering that there is almost not visual differences (as we would see with classic Low or Medium). I'm going to work on it a little more to make finall option for all future HQ maps, mods and projects. All that works on map/server side of course. Simple.

Anyway here's an example captured on Highest and Lowest setting from the tower Smile

http://crymp.net/...58424#p729

SNIPER
whooa! , what a great work freebo !! , this is so impressive ! , i need to upgrade my **** pc then xD

Freebo
Yes man. Better upgrade your PC because new, crazy, HQ things are coming soon in Crysis MP. Especially in 2016 and 2016. I try to make them playable even for PCs woth only 150$ but it's hard and doesn't look as good as on higher settings. Good luck though.

SNIPER
, hi i m saving up for an i5 probably a k , and a gtx 960 , i hope your mods and things won't be demanding more than crysis 3 Grin

Freebo
This hardware should be good enough. Let me know as soon as you get it.

More demanding than Crysis 3 ? - well I'm trying to optimize a lot all maps (If' I didn't have to do it all would look even more realistic with more details) - but Cryengine 2 is not as good optimized as Cryengine 3 and later - so comparing Crysis 1 to Crysis 3 is always hard.

I just hope some day (5 years in the future) even HQ Crysis 1 MP maps (where I get only 60 FPS) will be playable for everybody with 120 FPS. Because that time I will be able to finish all maps finally and put there all details I waned for years but FPS didn't let me Smile Cryengine 2 will always need 2x more power than new game engines. This is the only bad thing that I can say about it. Not possible to make very big City with details on CryEngine 2 and have at least 50 fps. Parkour City (I have only 30) is unplayable for 80% of people right now - because of that.

megalolpronoob
What happend with servers?

Freebo
What servers do you mean exactly ? Old goes, new comes. List is being changed from time to time. It's all alive. I don't know what you mean exactly. BTW I didn't see you playing for months. Question is what happened with you ?? Everything all right ? I we will play together on new maps soon. At least after the summer. ...

megalolpronoob
I can't play because I don't see servers. It's strange. Everything is fine, I just came back from the country.

megalolpronoob
Oh, I find it. Yaap, great)

youda008
Amazing mod, it looks really great. But more than appearance i love the interactivity - the buttons to open the tower, teleport, ropeway. A lot of things to try, even when you are alone in the server Smile

But there are also few issues, i will sum up what we have talked about yesterday.

Bugs

1. spawn bug
It's the same problem i told you about in the winter in Predator/Hunter. When i enter the server, appear in that room with pictures of Engineers and Recon soldiers and select a team, this starts happening:

2. disconnect bug
I noticed a lot of people were disconnecting soon after connecting during the evening, including HipHipHurra. I asked him, what was the problem, he told me he had hard lags and disconnect symbol. I guess it is again the same problem i encountered in Predator/Hunter earlier, unfortunately i didn't capture it.
You see a disconnect symbol, you can't move or write in chat, but you are not totaly disconnected, you can see other people moving and writing. It is like network traffic was going only IN and not OUT. You see the rest of the game running normaly, but you can't do anything by yourself. After about 30 seconds of this state, you get disconnected from server for timeout.

Balance issues

1. time scale
The time_scale on the server is set to 1.1 by default. This is surely good for exploring and having fun, otherwise walking around the map would take ages. But for both realism-feeling and fighting, lower scale is better.
Unlike other shooters, Crysis allows fast strafing when shooting, which makes aim harder. With higher time_scale this effect is even stronger, and that favours Engineers and their SCAR. With DSG it becomes really hard to hit anything, while with SCAR you just have to fire straight and you surely hit some bullets enough to kill you target after whole mag. SCAR has been in advantage over DSG even in standard Crysis, no need to enforce this advantage with time_scale.
I have this idea. How about to add a script, which will keep time_scale at 1.1 with 0-3 players, and 0.9 with >3 players.

Their damage is ok. I found, that after you hit a hand with DSG, it is easy to finish him off with pistol set to burst mode.

2. durability of vehicles
The Engineers have APC, the Recon soldiers have RPG to counter.
However APC takes almost no damage from RPG hit, while soldier is dead after 1 hit of APC. I think for optimal balace the APC should take 3-4 hits, and the rocket should have speed about 70 (like in Crysis unpatched) Then both will have simmilar chances.

Freebo
Thanks for testing it finally 3 months after release Smile But it's still better than DarkAngel - he tested old Predator/Hunter for the first time 8 months after it was on-line every day almost - and he was playing almost every day on other servers which were on the list right near that one Smile

Anyway - Any bug you see there has not much to do with mod but with server and SSM issues. When I was creating and testing this mod on old server (May/June/July) with old SSM there were never:

1. Spawn bugs
2. Disconenction bugs

You saw it in Predator/Hunter but it had to be some accidental because you are the only one who were reporting it that time. Nobody had it there that time and as you know later it was all fine. Nobody had it also on Realism/BF3 before yesterday. And still only 2-3 players.

So those bugs has nothing to do with my mod itself but with settings of new SSM I think. Disconnecting can be also simple server disconnecting problem that day (not mod/mode).

I'm almost sure I had this disconnect bug on your server last saturday. I had disconnect sign on the screen but I still saw players moving around - I was sure it's something with my connection - I wasn't blaming masterserver or your server though. So maybe it's issue for Zi to solve.

You should have try the Realism/BF3 mode when it was released and strongly tested - 3 months ago (with video in this thread) and was on line for many weeks later.

Nobody had bugs like that that time. I can guarantee that. You can ask anyone Smile This crazy thing started to happen with this mode - after I have updated to new SSM and masterserver lines were changed. So I don't think I can help it much. Only switch to very old server Smile Which I'm gonna try.

Thanks for sharing your yesterdays tips (which you already shared on-line there ) but you should have tested it in June - when it was 100% polished - would make more sense than now after another SSM changes and when it was started just for yesterdays visit Smile

I'm sure I'm done with this mod so I guess I need to use old settings to make it work the same it was before - quite fine.

Balance issues ? No way here Smile !
1. Time scale will stay as it was always here 1.1 it's the only way to keep it fine and dynamic enought.

People were saying before the summer - that speed of vehicles and control is cool, and very fine to experience - thanks to it (I really like the speed of cars) and runing without nanosuit speed BUT with guns (without guns it's not possible to play) needs to be faster - so 1.1 is perfect (speed is like in BF3 - Timescale 1.0 is much slower than in BF3 I'm sure of that). Nobody was also reporting problems with fighting at 1.1 and there were around 30 people testing it in June and July Smile So I'm sure It will stay the way it is now. Sorry.

Parkour on the roofs and runing around the map with 1.1 time scale is really nice with +10% of speed. It's natural and tested in 15 hours of fight on that map already. Sorry if it's not fine for you but this mod requires relearning a bit it's not Crysis it's not BF3 so your 30-45 minutes of testing is not enough to know have final word. I can't aim there at all but I'm not blaming time scale or other settings just the fact that I don't fight there at all. I've spent 15 hours there playing with people so far and since for most of the time it's hard to find anybody I had no chance to learn it. It has nothing to do with settings. Remember it's like different game so has to be different Wink

2. Durability of vehicles ?, No way again - Damaging of APC is ok also there Smile Just the day you were testing it it was harder to damage vehicle because low damage was ON accidentally (which is a part of SSM - it's default setting of SafeWriting I'm not sure you know since you're using CryFire.). But I told you yesterday about it - So I don't understand why are you even mentioning it here Smile It's not even part of the mod. Nothing to extra change here. It's fine. Right after you left I've removed that default 8x less damage and it's standard as it was for few months before. So will stay this way.

What I will do for sure with this mod is moving it back on old SafeWriting SSM server - where it was 100 fine for everyone. No disconenction or spawn bugs as 2-3 players had. Yesterdays event was on Dredville because you requested that - but this is why it was prepared fast so that's why why probably 2-3 people had some issues (I didn't have them yesterday even once - so I can't confirm that). Still it's server side/map side mod - will never be perfect even in it's best.

There will be always problems with server side mods. Like sound bugs, spawn bugs, server issues etc. It's Crysis as you know unfinished game and since mods like that are on server side - no way to make it work perfect. But still - Realism/BF3 mod was working pretty smooth in June and July. I just hope I will be able to bring back old settings Smile Of course it won't make sense for Dredville since nobody's gonna play it anyway anymore - but for new smaller maps It's needed Smile

Thanks again for fast testing and detailed opinions.

PS
I'm going to play on 2-3 new, small maps of this mod a lot in 2016. Realism here (thanks to polished Cryengine 2) is much higher than in classic Crysis, Crysis 2, Crysis 3, BF3, BF4 or even Arma III - taken together.

But it's only my opinion Wink ...

Jump to Forum: